When our bodies become older, we benefit from a holistic approach to the workings of body, mind, and spirit.
- In this class, you will experience a blend of different widely acclaimed movement modalities including Gentle Somatic Yoga, Viniyoga, Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy, Restorative Yoga, and Yoga Dance and includes variations on common yoga poses and some unusual poses that develop flexibility, strength, and neuromuscular retraining and prevent injury by adding fluidity to your movement.
- You will learn effective and safe sequences designed with the 50+ age group in mind, to help you build your stamina, increase flexibility, muscle and bone strength, improve circulation, and support joint health.
- This class is designed to help you
- enhance the health of your spine
- reduce back, neck, shoulder, hip, and knee pain
- develop strength and increase your range of motion
- strengthen your core and pelvic floor muscles
- increase your energy
Enjoy a sense of true bliss as you calm your nervous system with a 10-minute guided meditation and
yoga nidra-based relaxation at the end of the session.
Class is accessible to those who can easily get up and down from the floor.